Why NAGE EMS
/ Information About Joining NAGE EMS
Your Rights to Join NAGE EMS
It is AGAINST THE LAW for your Employer To:
Interested in NAGE EMS for your workplace?
You Have Rights Protected Under Federal Law!
It is AGAINST THE LAW for your Employer to say:
- Discipline or Terminate Your Employment For Union Activity or Support
- Deny You Raises, Promotions, or Benefits Because Of Union Activity or Support
- Attempt to Coerce, Manipulate, or Bribe You To Stop Your Union Support or Activity
What else you should know…
- "Support the union and I will punish you"
- "If you bring a union in here, I'll fire you or shut down the business."
- "I refuse to negotiate with a union, your YES vote would be meaningless"
- "If you vote for the union, I will fire anyone who votes YES"
Under Federal Law, employees have the right to form, join, support or assist unions who may bargain collectively with the employer on the employees’ behalf seeking to better their wages or working conditions. This is typically called a collective bargaining agreement or contract in the private sector.
Under Federal Law your employer you can not be disciplined for:
Your Employer is restricted under the law from:
- Assisting in Union Organizing, Forming, or attempting to form a union for you and your fellow employees.
- Joining a union whether the union is currently recognized by your employer or not.
- Engaging or refusing to engage in activities protected by the law related to your support of a union.
- Interfering with, restraining, or coercing employees in the exercise of rights relating to organizing, forming, joining or assisting a labor organization for collective bargaining purposes, or engaging in protected activities, or refraining from any such activity.
EMPLOYERS WHO BREAK THE LAW ARE REPORTED TO THE AUTHORITIES!
IF YOU THINK YOUR EMPLOYER HAS BROKEN THE LAW
CALL THE NATIONAL LABOR RELATIONS BOARD (NLRB) IMMEDIATELY!
INFO ON AN NLRB OFFICE NEAR YOU CAN BE FOUND AT WWW.NLRB.GOV